I originally made these brownies for my high school graduation party, and everyone loved them! Black beans do not bother me like chili beans do, so I occasionally indulge in them. The beans provide the perfect texture, allowing you to enjoy a chewy brownie without the flour! These brownies are loaded with cocoa powder and chocolate, providing lots of antioxidants and flavor. The sweeteners are honey and stevia, so the brownies are still mostly paleo. I hope you enjoy the recipe!
Flour-less Black Bean Brownies
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 tbsp. Hershey’s special dark 100% cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp. stevia powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 ounces baker’s chocolate, 100% cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 8″x 8″ pan with coconut oil.
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Chop the bakers chocolate into small chunks and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until firm in the center.
- Let cool for 10-20 minutes before cutting and serving.