Who doesn’t love a good trail mix?! Today, I am sharing the recipe to my current favorite mix – it includes chocolate chips!! Also, there aren’t too many nuts, which are the most likely component of trail mix to be left behind. 🙂 This is the perfect recipe for adventures, everyday snacking, and on-the-go pick-me-ups!!
You will notice this recipe uses gram measurements – I love using a food scale! It saves me from washing measuring cups, and it is also more accurate then measuring by volume – perfect for those tracking their macros. This recipe walks you step-by-step in using a food scale. However, if you would rather use measuring cups or if you don’t have a food scale, I’ve provided alternate measurements. Here is the recipe!
Chocolate Chip Trail Mix
macros per serving: 22g carbs, 4g protein, 18g fat*
- 126g Lily’s sugar-free chocolate chips (1/2 cup)
- 90g raw almonds (3/4 cup)
- 120g rasins (3/4 cup)
- 30g coconut flakes, unsweetened (1/4 cup)
- Place a medium container (that preferably has a lid to it) on the food scale. Turn the scale on. It should read “0”. Make sure the units are at grams.
- Pour the chocolate chips into the container until the scale reads “126g”. Press the tare button so the scale reads “0g”. Pour in the almonds until the scale reads “90g”. Press the tare button so the scale reads “0g”. Repeat with the rasins and coconut flakes.
- Put the lid on the container. Shake the trail mix, turning the container over several times in the process, until the trail mix is thoroughly blended.
- Measure out 40g (1/4 cup) serving sizes into separate containers or plastic bags for grab-and-go snacks. Or, leave the trail mix in the original container until you want to eat it. Enjoy!
*macros are rounded to the nearest whole number