Need a quick, tasty, protein-filled lunch? Yes? Then this is the recipe for you! These burgers can be made in less than 45 minutes, and are delicious with a smear of organic mayonnaise and a squirt of mustard, on a bed of fresh greens. See the picture below! if you eat meat, try this recipe!
- 1 pound ground beef, 85/15
- 1/3 cup purple onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 a medium onion)
- 1 small handful fresh oregano leaves (use 2 tsp. dried oregano if you don’t have fresh)
- 2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. himalayan pink salt
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- a pinch cayenne pepper, powder
- Finely chop the onion and fresh oregano.
- Sprinkle the dried spices over the top and combine.
- Take the meat out of the package and use your hands to combine the meat with the other ingredients. Form the meat into a ball.
- Heat a large fry pan over medium/high heat.
- Cut the ball of meat into four equal sections. Roll each section into a ball, then flatten each ball until about 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Place the patties into the fry pan, and cook for about a minute on each side, until they are done through the center (no red in the center when you cut one open). Enjoy!