Time to spice up your chicken with spices! There are six spices on this chicken, creating an entirely different flavor than just one of the spices on it’s own. The chicken bites scored big with the seal of approval from both my dad and brother, who wanted as many as possible! Also, this recipe makes a lot of servings – perfect for leftovers/meal prep!
The dip is simple – just pop all the ingredients in a small bender or food processor, and you have a healthy, yummy addition to the chicken bites!
Seasoned Chicken Bites
- 2 pounds chicken breast
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. thyme
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper, ground
- Fresh ground pepper – about 1 tsp.
- Fresh ground salt – about 1 tsp.
- 2 tsp. coconut oil for pan
- Cut the fat off the chicken breasts, and then cut the meat into bit-sized pieces.
- Sprinkle all the seasonings over the the chicken.
- Begin heating the coconut oil in a large fry pan over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, massage the seasonings into the chicken – almost like kneading bread. Ensure the seasonings are evenly distributed and each piece of chicken is covered.
- Dump the chicken into the fry pan. Let cook, stirring every couple minutes to ensure the meat cooks evenly. In about 15 minutes, the meat will be cooked. Cut a piece open to check that the chicken is cooked all the way through. You can also use a meat thermometer to double check. If you are making the dip, go ahead and start it while the chicken cooks.
- Once done, transfer the chicken to plates to enjoy immediately, or let cool, place in a storage container, and refrigerate for later use. Enjoy!
Lemon Poppyseed Dip
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. raw honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp. whole poppyseeds
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Freshly ground pepper – about 1/4 tsp.
- Freshly ground salt – about 1/4 tsp.
- pinch ground cayenne pepper
- Put all ingredients in a small blender or food processor. Blend on high for 30-60 seconds. Spoon into a small container for serving/storage, or put directly on plates. Enjoy!