This has become my favorite smoothie over the past two weeks. I love its sweet raspberry flavor and the thick texture. Although you could add more almond milk and drink this smoothie with a straw, I like to eat it with a spoon, pretty much like fro-yo. If you want more volume (and more hydration – good for the summer or when you have a cold and don’t feel like drinking water), just add a handful or two of ice cubes. It’s still delicious!!
I have also been using collagen peptides as a protein powder. I love how easily they blend into smoothies, and unlike other protein powders, they are tasteless! Also, collagen peptides are great for your connective tissues – like your hair, skin, nails, joints, ligaments, and tendons. I am going to finish my container of collagen peptides, and go buy more!!
Raspberry Protein Ice Cream-Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 70 grams (roughly half a medium) banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 20 grams (2 scoops) Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1/2 tsp. stevia powder
- Put the ingredients in the blender in the order they are written in the ingredients list above.
- Blend on high for about 30-60 seconds, until thoroughly blended.
- Pour into your favorite cup or bowl, and enjoy immediately!