Have any of you ever seen the musical “The Sound of Music”? As I was thinking about this post, one of the songs kept running through my mind, so I decided to use a line from the lyrics, “these are a few of my favorite things”, as part of the title.
Now that you know the backstory to the title, let’s get on with a few of my favorite healthy things – and some not health-related things – from December.
- Sleepytime herbal tea from Celestial Seasonings. Abby (one of my sisters) gave me a tea sampler for Christmas, and I used up the sleepytime tea bags in a heartbeat. It smells and tastes delicious, and the herbs help the body relax, making it the perfect evening tea.
2. These Stabilo pens and markers from Michaels have quickly become my favorite. They are easy to write with, much like Sharpies, but they don’t bleed through the paper.
3. Montezuma’s chocolate. It’s been my favorite chocolate for years, and it only contains 2 ingredients: Chocolate liquor and cocoa nibs. No sugar, and it’s delicious. You can get it at Trader Joe’s – as long as they have it in stock (I never know what to do when they are out).
4. Love this matcha blended hot drink! I posted the recipe on my Instagram stories last week, but be on the lookout for the printable recipe here on my blog, tomorrow! Also, this insulated travel mug from RTIC is the best. It is the perfect size, keeps my drinks hot, and has a flip top that snaps into place, preventing spills while driving (lid not shown here). The only downside is it does not fit into tiny cup holders.
5. Glass dishes with plastic snap-on lids. You can prep, serve, bake, microwave, and store food in these containers. They are also perfect for food prep or bringing your lunch with you. There are several different brands – I like shopping for them at Marshalls.
6. V8 Sparkling Energy, orange pineapple flavor. I had it for the first time while driving the 10+ hours home from Christmas vacation. Just like the can advertises, I got steady energy. Also, the pineapple flavor was delicious. And I love the ingredients list – no added sugar!
That’s it! Hope you all enjoyed my list of favorites from December. Please feel free to share any of your favorites in the comments below!