Okay, I know this title is long, as are all my titles. But I feel the need to describe the recipe as much as possible – in the heading. So please excuse my lengthiness (that is a word – I checked).
Alright, back to the cookies! Here’s the recipe and description! To be honest, this is my first time using avocado as the base in a cookie. I was not sure how it would work out, but I was pleasantly surprised! These cookies are fudgy – much like a brownie, and they don’t crumble like some grain-free cookies do. The dark, rich chocolate is, to me, amazing. I am a dark chocolate girl – there’s not much milk chocolate I like – it’s too sweet for me. If you’re on the same page, you’ll love these cookies. Here’s the recipe!
Avocado Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- 100g (one small) avocado
- 1 egg
- 1/2 unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. stevia, powdered
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mash the avocado in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Place equal spoonfuls of batter on the tray, about 2 inches apart. Flatten each cookie a bit with the back of the spoon.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the cookies are firm.
- Let cool for 2 minutes. Enjoy!!