Do you hate stevia? If so, you probably haven’t been making many of my recipes…this one is for you!! No stevia!
I love ice cream, I love chocolate, I love bananas, I love almonds….and I eat paleo. It’s another perfect combo for me!! And, it’s not icy – it’s thick and creamy, just like ice cream should be!!
One word of warning: This ice cream does have a banana flavor. If you don’t like bananas…well, just wait for my next recipe.
Paleo Chocolate Banana Almond Joy Ice Cream
macros: 44 grams carbs, 23.4 grams fat, 10.1 grams protein
serving size: 1/4 recipe
- In a large blender, blend the almond milk, banana, almond butter, honey, vanilla extract, and cocoa powder. Scrape down the sides once or twice.
- Pour the mixture into a small ice cream churn (at least 1 quart capacity), and begin churning.
- Meanwhile, weigh and chop the almonds. Measure the coconut flakes.
- About 5 minutes before the ice cream is finished churning, add the chopped almonds and coconut flakes. Depending on how well your churn works, you may have to give the ice cream a good stir, after it’s done churning, to finish combining the almonds and coconut flakes.
- The consistency of the ice cream will be like soft serve. You can eat it now, or place it in a container in the freezer for 1-2 hours to harden it.
- Store the ice cream in the freezer. When you want to eat it, let it thaw on the counter for 5-10 minutes, and scoop! Enjoy!