The first month of 2019 is drawing to a close! January has been full of great things – here are a few of my favorites!
- Time spent with family and friends. According to the picture, you might have thought I was going to say coffee was my favorite. But as much as I like coffee, the friendships that are developed over a cup of steaming joe are even better. Always make time for your friends and family – and it doesn’t have to be coffee. I love going to my sisters’ soccer games, playing volleyball and going to the gym with my other sister, shopping and coffee with my brother (too cold for surfing or anything outdoors right now!), conversations with my dad, lunch with my mom, and sports and parties with friends. I feel blessed to have these amazing people in my life who will take time out of their day to invest in me! Make it a priority to invest in them.
2. Paleo Coconut Balls. It was a close call between this recipe and the next one. But coconut balls are my favorite. Do you know how long I’ve wanted a healthy coconut balls recipe? It’s been something like 8 years, and I finally have it! It’s a simple recipe too…why couldn’t I have figured it out earlier?! Thankfully, you don’t have to wait that long – the recipe is here for you!
3. Paleo Chocolate Banana Almond Joy Ice Cream. It almost tied with the coconut balls, but lost by one percent 🙂 It’s seriously addicting. And somehow still healthy. Need I say more?
4. POW pasta. This pasta is king of pasta – in my mind. It has only two ingredients: red lentil flour and organic quinoa flour. The macros are stellar: 1 gram fat, 35 grams carbs, 14 grams protein per 2 ounce (dry weight) serving. And it tastes great. Game changer for anyone counting macros! I found it at Kroger, but you can also buy it at Thrive Market by clicking the link above.
5. Back to Human Hazelnut Butter Dark Chocolate. No favorites post of mine would be complete without a chocolate review! As you can see, I’ve tried three of Hu’s chocolate bars, and the Hazelnut Butter Dark Chocolate is my favorite so far (and yes, that is three empty chocolate packages pinned to my bulletin board – the packaging is too cute!). It’s sweet and creamy with a light nut flavor. I found mine at The Fresh Market, but you can also get it online by clicking the link above.
That’s it for my January favorites! I hope you have had an amazing start to 2019! It will be February in just under four hours. Get ready for more tasty recipes, healthy hacks, fitness motivation, and inspirational articles – coming to you in February!