Craving chocolate, but need some protein too? Love chocolate chip cookie dough, but scared of eating raw eggs? Then check out this recipe!! There’s only three ingredients – and no eggs. When you take a bite, you crunch through the outer layer of chocolate into the smooth chocolate chip-laden dough. Delicious!
Why do I say “almost-paleo?” Because of the protein powder. I used 1st Phorm’s Vegan Chocolate Protein Powder for this recipe, and it gets the majority of it’s protein from rice and peas. And rice isn’t paleo. But what this protein powder does have is a bunch of “supplements” such as turmeric, raspberry leaf, organic wheat grass, organic spirulina…and that’s just the tip of the iceberg of all the added supplements! I’ve had no adverse digestive reactions when I use this protein powder, so I’m incorporating it into some of my recipes!
Almost-Paleo Chocolate Chip Protein Balls
macros/ball: 3 grams carbs, 13 grams fat, 7.8 grams protein
- 96 grams almond butter, plain
- 98 grams Lily’s chocolate chips, sugar-free
- 27 grams 1st Phorm Vegan Chocolate Protein Powder
- Spoon the almond butter and protein powder into a bowl. Combine with a spoon until the mixture reaches the consistency of a dough.
- Add 28 grams of chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed.
- Roll the dough into six equally-sized balls. Place in a parchment paper-lined dish. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the remaining 70 grams of chocolate chips into a small, oven-safe bowl. Place in the oven at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to prevent burning.
- When the chocolate is melted, remove the dough balls from the freezer. Roll them one-by-one in the chocolate, and place back on the parchment paper.
- Put in the refrigerator for 1+ hours until the chocolate is hard. Enjoy, or store in the fridge for later!