Today, I’m sharing my favorite breakfast! I eat these scrambled eggs at least four mornings of the week. This recipe is healthy, fairly simple and quick to make, low-carb, paleo, and delicious. And it’s breakfast food (not dinner leftovers!) for breakfast. Here’s the recipe so you can make and enjoy it for yourself!
Scrambled Egg Breakfast Bowl
macros/recipe: 22 grams carbs, 29 grams protein, 34 grams fat
- 4 grams coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- 87 grams chopped broccoli
- 87 grams chopped red bell pepper
- 70 grams avocado
- 64 grams salsa
- salt, pepper, red hot (if you like your food spicy!)
- Melt the coconut oil in a small or medium fry pan over medium heat.
- If you are using fresh vegetables, wash, chop, and weigh them. For frozen vegetables, just weigh them.
- Pour the vegetables into the pan and stir fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Crack the eggs directly into the pan, and use a heat-safe spoon to scramble them. Thoroughly stir the eggs at least once every 30 seconds while they cook.
- When the eggs are done (they should be firm, not runny), spoon them into a bowl and top with the avocado, salsa, salt, and pepper. Add hot sauce if you like your food spicy, like I do 🙂 Enjoy!