I love poached eggs!! They are pockets of goodness that, when cracked, drizzle down on top of whatever food is under them, creating a creamy blend of flavors! In this case, the food underneath is a mixed greens and red bell pepper salad with Savory Sweet Potato Fries. SO. SO. GOOD.
Poached Egg Nourish Bowl
macros/recipe: 48.3 grams carbs, 14.1 grams fat, 18.4 grams protein
- Boil three inches of water in a small sauce pan. You can add some salt to help the water boil faster.
- Meanwhile, put the greens in a large salad bowl. Chop the bell pepper into small pieces and arrange them on top of the greens. Place the sweet potatoes on top of the red pepper.
- Once the water is boiling, gently crack the eggs into the water. Set a timer. If you like your eggs hard, set it for six minutes. If you like them soft, set it for four minutes. If you like them in-between, set it for five minutes.
- When the timer rings, use a slotted spoon to lift the eggs out of the water, and place them on top of the sweet potato fries. Use a fork to puncture the egg white and let the yolk run out.
- Top with the dressing, raw ACV, salt, and pepper. Enjoy!