I LOVE ice cream. Who doesn’t?! But what if you’re trying to eat healthy? Can you still eat ice cream? Even on a diet as strict as auto-immune paleo? The answer is, absolutely!
This recipe is thanks to one of my best friends, Erin. Erin is my healthy-eating inspiration, and I am so excited that she agreed to let me share her recipe with you!! I modified the recipe based on the ingredients I had on hand, and it turned out so delicious, I had to share it! So if you need a guilt-free, healthy mid-week treat, try this!
AIP Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream
macros/serving: 41.3 grams carbs, 5.2 grams fat, 5 grams protein
- 1/2 cup (about 8) pitted medjool dates, packed together
- 1 1/2 cups Elmhurst almond milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon stevia powder
- 1/3 cup raspberries
- Add the dates to a heat-safe dish and cover with boiling water. Let soak for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the almond milk, cocoa powder, stevia, and dates (with the water) to a blender.
- Blend on high for about 1 minute.
- Use a small ice cream maker to churn the mixture. Add the raspberries about a minute before it’s done churning.
- Enjoy immediately! Freeze leftovers. Let it thaw on the counter 10-15 minutes before scooping.