Love it or hate it, it’s Monday, y’all! If you hate Mondays, these brownies will make your day better. If you love Mondays, whip these up to help you celebrate!
I was going to call these delicious bites of goodness “Simple Almond Flour Brownies”, but after tasting them, I decided they deserved a better name: “Just-Like-Boxed Brownies”. Of course, they are made with paleo ingredients, so they aren’t identical to boxed brownies, but they are close! If you’re looking for a healthy alternative to your favorite boxed brownies, try these!
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup Hershey’s special dark cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup nutiva organic shortening
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Use some shortening to grease a small baking dish (I used an 8×5 pan), and preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whip the eggs, cocoa powder, honey, and shortening together.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into the greased baking dish, and smooth the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 5-10 minutes, cut, and serve!