I finally found a way to use sweet potato flour in a recipe – and it tastes good! My mom claims them as her favorite 🙂 Satisfy your sweet tooth, chocolate cravings, and needed dose of Vitamin A all in one muffin!
Chocolate Banana Muffins
macros/muffin: 11.1 grams carbs, 7 grams fat, 2.8 grams protein
- 30 grams sweet potato flour
- 30 grams blanched almond flour
- 20 grams Hershey’s Cocoa, Special Dark
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons shortening + 1/2 tablespoon for greasing muffin tin
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 100 grams banana
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon stevia powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- sprinkle of salt
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a muffin tin with 1/2 tablespoon shortening, with space for at least 9 muffins.
- Beat the eggs.
- Add the shortening and honey, and beat until smooth.
- Mash the banana. Add it to the honey, shortening, and egg mixture.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and beat thoroughly.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes, remove from muffin tin, and enjoy!