This post is going to be a little different from my normal “favorite things” posts. I’m going to talk about three of my favorite things to do and experience from this month, not just my favorite products and books. Enjoy!
- Travel. Especially if and when you are young. This is what I hear from people that are older than me and didn’t travel at my age. I have no one I’m responsible to provide for or take care of, I sleep better than I probably will at age fifty, and I have more energy than I might have at age seventy. And I love travelling! So I’m not putting it off…I went to upstate New York this month and western Virginia last month. For the next couple months I won’t be able to travel due to work, but after that, I’ll be on the road again!
2. Spend more time with family and friends. You never know when you won’t have the opportunity – how much do you value the opportunity now? How important are those people in your life? Where do those relationships fall in your priorities? My core values are Faith, Family, Friends, Fitness, Function – in order of importance, although they are pretty close in importance anyways. So I try to make sure I spend plenty of time with the people I love. How much importance do you put on your relationships?
3. Ultima Replenisher. I have been looking for a good electrolyte supplement for a long time, and I’ve finally found it! The ingredients are super healthy, the powder mixed in water tastes great, and it helps a ton with keeping me from feeling like I’m going to pass out on hot days. They have single packs or a full container, and there are three flavors to choose from. Raspberry is my favorite.
4. Jacob’s Raw Cultured Tonic. I caught a cold earlier this month, and this tonic helped me feel better. I stopped taking it once I felt normal, and then my tonsils started hurting and feeling swollen. So I took a big dose of this tonic a couple more times, gargled with salt water and spearmint essential oil, and I was cured. It’s nasty-tasting stuff, but full of anti-inflammatories and immune-boosting nutrients. You can find it in-store at Wegmans.
5. Take everything in stride. Stop worrying and obsessing over everything. It’s going to be okay. I get analysis paralysis a lot. I see everything I have to do or want to do, and I freeze. I can’t figure out how I’m going to get it all done, so I just don’t do any of it. Instead, I should calm down and just do the next thing. Chances are, you feel like this too sometimes. Stop overthinking, and just do the next thing. It’s better than wasting time – you’ll get more done, and in the end, be less stressed.
Thanks for reading my May favorites post! If you liked it, please leave a comment and let me know some of your favorites, and subscribe so you don’t miss a post!
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.